Sunday 25 January 2009

Moon watch

Once again another New Moon is upon us. I'd like to wish the Moon Watch Squad well, as they cower in the dark and damp of the Watching Booth.
I'd love to be there with you, but as you know being an Archdruid brings many concerns of a pastoral nature - binding up the wounded, listening to the whinging and self-indulgent, patronising the obsessive... sorry, lost the thread there for a moment... comforting the weak, healing the sick, raising the dead.... sorry, went beyond my remit there. The temptations of ministry include being both dismissive of one's charges, and over-confident of one's own abilities. Or is that just me?

Look, to cut to the chase, it's cold and wet and I'm feeling a bit sniffly. So good luck to you, and let us all know when you see the Moon. I'm going to stay in here with the Glenlivet.

1 comment :

  1. yup, being an archdruid is tough, thank you for allowing yourself to be raised to such an elevated position Eileen, oh sorry Archdruid Eileen, I wouldn't want to be disrespectfu; by not using your full title...., people would begin to think you were normal!!!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl