Wednesday 18 July 2012

Fifty Shades of Grim

Just had to tell Charlii off for reading 50 Shades of Grey in the Rainbow Room. I'm shocked and appalled.

I don't know what young women are thinking of these days. When I was young I would have been ashamed to be seen in public with a book that badly-written.

A more realistic novel for our times might be better called 50 Shades of Pale Ale - where every time a woman feels a bit frisky, her husband heads for the pub.

If you want to know just how badly written, by the way, I'd suggest reading @redimlah's Twitter stream. Might save you a few quid...

3 comments :

  1. Just wondering if you consider the book an instructional manual or a guide for the younger generation or for the older generation such as yourself to reminisce over thinking of the adventures of youth. Young Keith, being the outcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. using Kindle means that you don't have to appear in public with a tell-tale cover........

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are actually three volumes of the thing! (I was looking on Amazon for something else. honest!)

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl