Saturday 7 September 2013

Mystic-Ale

Famous mystics recommend their favourite tipples

Hildegard of Bingen: I'm also known as  Hildegard of Pilsen. A cool, refreshing Czech lager is just the kind of thing to help clear your mind after a long day's visions.

Julian of Norwich: Woodforde's Headcracker, of course. It's a nut-brown ale.

St Augustine of Hippo: Every day I pray that God makes me teetotal. But only after I've had a pint of Boddington's. It's the cream of Manicheism.

Nostradamus: Watney's Red Barrel. Obviously, it's not around in my day. But I just know it's going to be good. You can take my word for it.

St Simon Stylites: Sitting on a pillar all day in the hot sun can be a really arduous activity. When evening comes and it's time to relax, I reach for a well-chilled can of Australian lager.  And once I've finished rubbing that into my bottom to cool it down, I go and get a pint of Wadworths. I wouldn't give a 6X for anything else.


1 comment :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl