Friday 26 October 2012

The Geek Winter Collection

Where there's a perceived need, there's someone making a few bob.

The weather having gone all Arctic (ie cool, which is "Arctic" in weatherperson language), Burton Dasset is dithering over what gloves to wear. Given that Burton is always wandering around the place trying to work out what's going down on Twitter, i'd suggested fingerless.gloves would be a good idea, so he can tweet in warmth.

But there's no fingers in fingerless gloves, as generations of schoolgirls have discovered. And so Burton has discovered the "touch-screen glove" collection. Now he can follow his five people on Twitter, check the railway timetables, and still remain with toasted fingies.

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for the link. You've just solved a present-buying problem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you said that, Nancy. I was thinking of getting myself some earlier, but then I saw the word "geek"...

    If you want more present ideas scroll down to the Gardeners' Tool Apron in Shocking Pink. What to get the person who has everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you. That'll solve my "What to get the man who has everything" present buying problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must lead a more interesting life than I do Antonia. There was no shocking pink Gardeners' Tool apron at the bottom of my page, just a recommendation for a book on Psalms by Walter Brueggemann. A friend looking over my shoulder remarked that I must have revealed my age on line as she never got adds for incontinence pads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I notice that they are all hugely reduced in price, and some are only 24p a pair. I wonder why they are so cheap....

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl