Friday 28 November 2014

I had a Dream Last Night....

I had a dream last night. I dreamed I was leading Pouring out of Beakers, but I had lost the order of service. And I was supposed to be preaching, but I didn't have a sermon. And I didn't have the readings, but Burton Dasset was supposed to be reading. And he kept looking at me, asking what the reading was, but I couldn't remember. So I gave him the Little Book of Calm, but he asked me what page. And I didn't know.

I guess that's just me?

4 comments :

  1. Welcome to my (dream) world (average 2–3 times a week) …

    I reckon it's the Lord's way of saying that – since no matter how carefully I prepare, something will be bound to go wrong – it's better not to bother and just wing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been 15 years or so since I last led any liturgical worship. But I'm still having that dream!! I do occasionally have the teaching/workshop leading version as well now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 years supposedly retired and I still get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mean that it has never happened to you when you are awake? Perhaps that is just me, then.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl