Monday 28 September 2009

The End of the World... a confession

In view of tomorrow's End of the World I feel it's best that I get a few things off my chest.  I've checked with the Archdruid and it's fine.

I've always had a bit of a "thing" about authoritarian, middle-aged women in hi-viz.  Ever since I was in class 3C with Mrs Milling.  When I saw the Archdruid I knew that at last I could be fulfilled.  But in fact it's been so hard.  Often she's not even noticed me.  Sometimes I thought she was secretly in love with Hnaef.  Even though he was posh.
It is so intense, this love I have, that sometimes I couldn't concentrate on the words to Iona Community liturgy.  Especially all those songs that sounded a  bit like a bad Scottish jig.  All that poetry that didn't quite work - it all reminded me of the Archdruid.
And it wasn't Drayton Parslow who painted the words "Eileen is a bad businesswoman" all over the Moot House after the great doily shop debacle.  It was I.  It was a cry for help, but still she didn't notice me.
I feel much better having got this off my chest.  I know that as the world ends tomorrow, I will at last have been true to my own self.

God bless you all.  I hope to see you in a better place.  Better than Husborne Crawley, at any rate.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl