Wednesday 29 February 2012

Once Every Four Years

It's a plan I've had in mind for a while now, and on this special day, it seems it's right to put it into action.

You see, it's Burton. He's been living in the Treasurer's Flat, next door to the Archdruidical Suite, for a long while now. Frequently his is the first face I see in the morning, and he's often the one to wish me "good night" - although not that often. Being a good accountant/trainspotter he's often asleep under the influence of a couple of pints of "Old Crungewelter" long before I head upwards to my own lavender-scented pillows. And I'm not made of stone - I recognise that since he was divorced he's been terribly lonely.

And of course it is that special day today. And so I've made a decision.

I'm having him evicted. I could convert that flat into a very nice walk-in wardrobe. I'm sure St John Cassian, who fled into the desert and is remembered on February 29,  will look after Burton when he is, likewise, driven out into the wilderness.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl