Good questions, and we shall continue to struggle with them. But maybe I won't use this song in the Pet Service again next year. There were some very upset kids.
All things vile and terrible, all parasites so small
All things dire and horrible, God must have made them all.
1. Each fox that gets the chickens, ichneumon wasps that bore
into doomed caterpillars that won't crawl any more.
2. The roadkill on the M1, the badger turned to mush
The sawfly in the garden, that strips the gooseberry bush.
3. The way a spider sucks all the juices out a fly
It makes you start to wonder if God didn't really try.
4. The rich man in his castle, the poor man at his gates,
George Osborne sets his Budget to keep them in their place.
5. The virus in the livestock that makes their tongues turn blue
The mutated bacteria that make a meal of you.