Friday 19 April 2013

Jack or Jill of All Trades

Highly recommended - a poem via  Lesley, "I am the vicar, I am". That's highly recommended unless you don't like good poetry, or you've a pathological and incurable hatred of vicars.

A bit like the beatitudes, I'm not sure whether the poem reflects an aspiration, where this vicar is, or what people think s/he's like. Or, most likely, a bit of all three. Anyway, it's brilliant.

(and thanks to Daisy for correcting me. I never was any good at reading the small print...)

3 comments :

  1. Hmmm, er, cough. I may be wrong but I think Lesley is quoting a poem written by Kevin (who seems to be a man).

    See the link at the bottom of Lesley's post:

    http://theblogofkevin.wordpress.com/2009/11/18/i-am-the-vicar-i-am/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha... I was never very good at reading the small print! Wording now corrected, thanks.

      Delete
  2. Read it. Loved it. Sent it to our Vicar and to our Vicar-to-be. It gives me a new framework to pray for them.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl