Thursday 3 November 2011

Breaking the Rules

I have sinned. Inadvertently, but is that an excuse?

I saw the so-called "Archdruid" from the Great House this afternoon. We exchanged a few pleasantries, and I pointed to a bird of prey circling overhead.

"Oh, look at that buzzard," I remarked.

"Buzzard?" said Eileen, "that's a kite."

The temptation was there, and I regret to say that I blundered into it.

"Oh?" I replied, "how do you know?"

My fall was at hand.  Eileen explained how the tail shape of a kite is very distinctive, marking it off from the buzzard.

"Get thee behind me, " I exclaimed, "thou hast caused me to fall foul of 1 Tim 2:12."

But it was too late.

I am going off to repent for a while now. I may be some time.



Red Kite by  ThKraft under Wikimedia commons

1 comment :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl