Monday 4 July 2011

The curse of the violinist

Look, OK. I'm really sorry about Elmeet.

She says she's a folk violinist, dedicated to adding a new dimension of music and culture to our normal goings on. At any given moment - a sunrise, a sunset, a new moon, the first lightning bolt of a new-minted thunderstorm - she's there, giving it "that" with a rapt look and an overdose of rosin.

Yes, I know she's kind of traditional. And yes, I know she claims to be adding authentic folksy ambience to the who Beaker business.

But if I hear one more cat-scrape scream from that fiddle during Pouring Out of Beakers, I'm throwing her in the brook. I'm jumpy enough at this time of the morning as it is, without artificial assistance.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl