Saturday 23 July 2011

Dinner Party Meme

I have caught this from Sally and Sam.

Rules: you have to have 12 people, including yourself. Of those there need to be at least four men, at least four women, at least four known to you personally and at least four who are "famous". You're not allowed anyone who has passed on to the great hereafter - that would be a rather different sort of party. It needs to be one that might plausibly 'work' (ie don't just pile people together). You also need to choose a place/ style of food.


The Rules are a great shame in one sense. I would love to be round the dining table with Kirsty MacColl, Samuel Pepys, John Wesley, Linda Smith, Thomas Tresham, my old Nan, Buddy Holly, Thomas Hardy, Elizabeth I, Jane Austen and Mother Julian of Norwich. Not least because I might be able to help Julian with all that food she wouldn't want.  But that's against the rules. I just mention it in passing.

So instead I'm going for the flow of reason, argument and irony you'd collectively hope to get from this bunch:



Me
Victoria Wood
Dave Warnock - as he could have a good row with 
Jeremy Clarkson
Elvis Costello
John Polkinghorne (although we might be struggling for someone to understand him, so I'd invite 
Natalie so someone had a chance.)
Kate Bush
Sally as given some of the above she could pour oil on troubled waters (probably essential oil, and probably the water would be poured from an earthenware jug or Beaker)
Hnaef, of course
Carol Ann Duffy
and Ronnie Ancona.


Dinner would have to be at Efe's Turkish Restaurant in Great Titchfield Street and the survivors could visit Kirsty's Bench in Soho Square afterwards.

1 comment :

  1. sounds great, and interesting! I will mix some oils right away :-) lavender and camomile I think lovely and soothing. I may also bring a pebble or two just in case the oils don't work, and knocking a few folk out might be in order!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl