Sunday 31 July 2011

Let's face the music and Liturgical Dance - Spontaneous Self-Expression

Maybe I'm going soft, but I'm starting to get into all this spontaneity. Really sets the liturgy free. So when Charlii announced this evening that she had a song to bring to the meeting, I let her go for it. We even let her take the squirrel costume's head off for the second verse, so we could hear her properly.

And as Charlii sang so beautifully, I was only too glad to take up Blodwyg's offer to express the song through the medium of worship dance. It seemed deeply right - as though a Hand was guiding our paths.

But in retrospect, I don't think we got it quite right. "Bridge over Troubled Water is a beautiful, spiritual song. And I'm not sure the Can-Can added that much to it.

2 comments :

  1. Ah yes, Liturgical Dance! Makes me glad I miss Sunday services because I'm doing Sunday School. It's a wee bit embarrassing for me.

    Liturgical Line-Dancing, or a Congregational Can-Can, though, might be fun!

    love, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Through one of those lovely misunderstandings on twitter, I was under the impression that 'Rigg Welter' was apt to lead his congregation in a conga dance at potentially dull moments. I was impressed at this truly fresh expression of worship, only to be slightly let down by the explanation that a conga is in fact a type of drum.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl