Saturday 23 July 2011

A very rude man

I was busy watching the television just now. I'm very keen to see if I can spot Hnaef at Lords. Although trying to pick out a posh bloke in a blazer and silly hat is proving more difficult than I was expecting.

And then the phone rang. Now I don't know what the custom is in your parts, but round here we tend to answer the phone when it rings. And a voice at the other end informed me that he wasn't trying to sell me anything.

Which was a good start. I hate it when people try to sell me things. But naturally when he asked me how I received my television signal, I presumed he was asking for a proper explanation, so I told him about how information can be transmitted through the modulation of radio waves. I was just getting onto an explanation of the whole concept of an electromagnetic spectrum, when he butted in and asked was I a home owner, private tenant or council house occupant. So I assured him that yes, I was.

It's always nice when someone takes an interest and doesn't want to sell you anything. So you can imagine my disappointment when at this point he hung up on me. How rude. And I thought he was being so friendly.

1 comment :

  1. My tactic when being sold to on the telephone is to immediately say that I'm very interested in what they wish to sell me, but first I'd like to talk to them for 10 minutes about Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl