Saturday 16 July 2011

A pre-emptive apology to Pipers

I know we rarely apologise to Pipers of any Ilk, but it has occurred to me that I posted this morning in haste.  And in doing so, I may have unintentionally insulted innocent Pipers (if any such exist).

I referred to the performance of the Piper as "skirling".  To be honest, I'm not sure if that is the correct term.  When the Archdruid referred to "that skirling Piper", she may have been being just, um, descriptive.  So sorry to any sensitive non-Piper readers (the chances of there being any sensitive Piper readers seems remote).

2 comments :

  1. I think tone-deaf is a more apt description of pipers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a funeral with the coffin led by a piper into the chapel. As he passed me the funeral director muttered out of the corner of his mouth, "Sorry about the agony bag".

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl