Friday 8 July 2011

The danger of thin places

Every year at some point I have to emphasise this.

Thin places may look like fun, but they can be dangerous. Places may be thinner than they look. Do not walk out on thin places, do not skate on them, and in particular do not jump up and down on them.

We'll be down at the newly-discovered Thin Place in 10 Acre Field for this afternoon's Filling up of Beakers. We'll be trying to understand the conundrum - if God is omniscient and omnipotent, how come there are allegedly places where the Divine is closer? And if God's closer there, how can there be other places where the One in whom we live and move and have our being is farther away?

2 comments :

  1. I think I could become a great aficionado of 10 acre field. As someone of ample girth I have been searching for a new thin space for some considerable time. Although God is everywhere I am convinced that a thin space will be beneficial to my weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Nonymous, there's a lot to be said for very wide thing places.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl