Tuesday 21 June 2011

Retro Choruses Week - There is a Green Hill Far Away (to the tune of "House of the Rising Sun")

The good news is that this morning's rain has washed away yesterday's 1980s "Big Hair". Very appropriate on a day when we needed lank, hippy-ish hair.

It was an act of genius, linking the poignant traditional hymn "There is a Green Hill" to the tune of a song about a brothel in Louisiana. But that's what someone once did. Someone for whom the word "fusion" was presumably very hip and happening.

If you want to the know what the chords should nearly have sounded like, you can follow the link. If you want to know what Rodryk's recreation actually sounded like - abysmal. It's been the ruin of many a Beaker Person. And Lord, I know I'm one. I'm off to bed. That's enough solstice all round.

1 comment :

  1. Sorry. I loved 'There is a Green Hill' sung to 'House of the Rising Sun". Shows my age! :_))

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl