Friday 10 June 2011

Re-configuring a Lamp Stack

Oddest thing. We were tracking down the source of the unexpected bandwidth that was going out from the Community's network (I say "we" - this was very definitely the domain of Young Keith and Burton Dasset. And we noticed it because the incoming stream of Rowan Williams-related information (I say information) abruptly throttled back, even though we hadn't engaged the "Internet-related drivel filter".) And we found what appeared to be a small server running in one of the disused servants' quarters. It was identifiable only by a Post-it note, on which someone had written the words "New Crawleyan".

I figured we had better do something about it. But at this point I was glad to be able to show my own technical prowess. I know how to disable a server running a Lamp stack in no time. Hit it with a wood-splitting maul.

1 comment :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl