Saturday 16 August 2014

A Sad Commentary

Matthew Norman laments the passing of the great old Match of the Day commentators of the past - either into retirement or beyond this world's touchline to the changing-room of eternity. Which leads me to two thoughts.

First up - I don't particularly care if commentators are great personalities. I want them to tell me, with a minimum of words if possible, who's got the ball. If it's on telly I don't particularly care if they tell me it's a goal. I can see it's a goal, and even use my judgement to tell if I think it's a good one.

Secondly - don't you miss Auberon Waugh and Keith Waterhouse? Now they were really good columnists.

1 comment :

  1. This is why I adore TMS. Characters, description, and cake. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl