Monday 31 October 2011

Different for Girls

I heard someone complaining last night about worship that had been sung at a service he attended. The song sounds like (for he was finding it difficult to speak properly, this one.

And my complainant was saying no wonder no men go to church. And I guess he had a point. Although, to be fair, this song isn't sung at every service of every church in the world. It's not among the manly and solid lyrics of the Redemption Hymnal, for example, and so my source would be safe at Drayton's church. Safe, that is, from silly music if not from six-hour sermons.

I'm pretty sure that I recognise the source that this song is based on - "Kiss me with your mouth", by - I believe - Stephen "Tin Tin" Duffy. It seems odd that modern chorus-writers are going back to New Romantic songs for their inspiration. But still. I wish Stephen well in his new movie career, although he looks a bit pudgier than I remember him.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl