Tuesday 4 June 2013

The Lords - A Correction

I feel I have to make a clarification.

I previously said that the House of Lords was a "retrogressive, unelected house dedicated to cronyism and the preservation of privilege, made up of a mixture of place-men and -women and inbred, chinless wonders who try to prevent any kind of progress". What I really meant to say was, "the House of Lords is a bunch of dangerous progressives. They should immediately be replaced, before they do any more damage,  by the heirs of 1,000 years of staunch English heritage to ensure the stability of British civilisation." 

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just off to marry my sister. I'm hoping one of us might become Queen.


(thanks to David Keen's tweet for the inspiration)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl