Tuesday 30 September 2014

An Apology

I would like to apologise.

Not for anything I've done or said, of course. I never intended any harm in that.

But I would like to apologise if anything I have done or said has resulted in other people being offended.

You should be aware that I never intended you to be offended by anything I may have done or said.

In fact, you should never have found out about them.

And then you wouldn't have found them offensive would you?

In many ways then, the fact that you are offended by things I may have done or said is your own fault.

If you weren't so easily-offended, or indeed so well-informed, you wouldn't be offended, would you?

You can't blame me for your offence-threshold, or the things you know. They're your own responsibility.

So if anything I've said or done has caused you offence, then I'm sorry.

I'm sorry that you've sunk to that kind of thing.

But don't worry.

I forgive you.

2 comments :

  1. Hear the word of the Lord: Your sins are forgiven.
    Hear the word oh his Church:
    Thanks be to God. Amen.
    (Terms and conditions apply. The extent of forgiveness may go down as well as up. Your soul may be at risk if you do not keep up payments. Full conditions available here [broken link}. Nobodyrradsthisstuff bbutitjustmmeeansdonttrustus)

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl