Saturday 16 April 2011

O'Vienna Epidemic

I'm getting really worried that the Community is suffering from an outbreak of O'Vienna Syndrome.

For starters, we've got Kenneth, the community radio ham. Who will be only too happy to tell you the wavelength he's using. Or, if you ask him nicely, the number of kilohertz he's running at. And Eugene is very handy at chopping logs, although he's got to be cautious with his equipment, if you see what I mean. His mate Bill is equally clumsy, although we always assure him there's no harm done. While their pal Johnny needs to be reminded of the kind of behaviour that is expected of him.

Meanwhile, Rudolph is still in training for his attempt at an Olympic qualifying time. And we're all busy practising our chant to encourage him to go faster. Rudolph's girlfriend, Margaret, is still waiting for him to propose. Although we're not sure whether she'll accept him. Not least because she still longs for Francis,her first boyfriend - although their relationship was wrecked by his amnesia.

Or maybe I'm just imagining this. I really should pull myself together.

3 comments :

  1. Hello Archdruid,
    Now what I have never been able to figure out is if the Beaker People is a real community or an imaginary one. It's one of the unsolved puzzles which bug me.
    You were kind enough to include my old blog The Oxford Christian on your Tea Light roll. It has recently had a makeover and has a new name, Dreaming Beneath the Spires, and a new URL dreamingbeneaththespires.blogspot.com. Would it be possible to add the new URL to your blogroll please, as the old URL will no longer work.
    You are on my blog roll too, of course.
    Thanks much,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fr Egbert Twinkinson2:07 pm, April 17, 2011

    Real or imaginary? I'd say it's complex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, Fr Egbert has it right as so often. The Beaker Folk is a real community, however you may suspect that some or more of such minor details as names, time period, denomination, habit of falling through black holes and location have been changed. Or you may turn up at the White Horse one Wednesday and find me there. It's never simple, is it, life?
    I have amended my blogroll as requested. We Oxonians must stick together. It's hard for us in a cruel anti-Oxford world, what with the Hnaefs and then the Prime Minister coming over all Cantabridgian the other day and everything.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl