Saturday 20 August 2011

Healing Liberals

Shocked and stunned to read Pastor Valle Adurni refer to the Beaker Folk as if we have liberal Anglican tendencies. But then I remembered Hnaef's renowned tolerance, and all those pink tabards I had to get Young Keith to flush down the drain this morning, and I figured he might be right.

So I'm going to be trying to persuade Hnaef to do some proper Biblical study, instead of all that Liberal Anglican stuff about the feeding of the 5,000 really being a giant picnic. And I'm recommending this Bible Preaching website. I'm hoping that theis may get him bashing the Bible a bit more, instead of reading out of the Little Book of Calm and the Thoughts of Dr Seuss.  So I'm grateful to Rachel for the recommendation.

4 comments :

  1. Do the Beaker Folk have any Traddie leanings? I only ask because of this incident in my misbegotten youth (oh, ok, my early-middle-age)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr McLernon, I thank you for your comments. And I am glad to share with you these more recent thoughts of my own on a similar theme. Your question 5 worried me a little - why would one kiss a purificator? But if the purificator had collected lipstick as a result of wiping the chalice, would one not have to ban women from the congregation as a whole rather than merely from the priesthood? I presume you're not implying that a female priest would use a purificator to remove her make-up, as (a) this would just be pure sexism and (b) there are more effective products on the market for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for banning the entire congregation receiving from the chalice... and I'm a Miss rather than a Mr!
    :-)

    Keep up the good work, Archdruid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss McLernon, apologies. I should have checked your profile more carefully and/or noted which blog you write - both of which would have reminded me. But I was rather rushed this morning as we've had to call in Dynorod to sort out the drains. Who would have thought that the drainage in a rural village couldn't cope with a few thousand pink hi-viz vests being flushed down them? I mean - where are we? Devon?

    So the good news is, if you ban the congregation from receiving the chalice all you have to do next is make sure the priest maybe uses a better-quality of lipstick.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl