Sunday 28 August 2011

Hermit

Overcome by our discussions about Matt 16, Milton Ernest has chosen to give up his worldly goods and sacrifice all things to be an hermit. To that effect he's now living in the old tin shed down by the duck pond, and is dedicating himself to rebuilding Duck Henge, the henge monument that has been repeatedy destroyed in recent years through fire, flood, pestilence and wargs.

I'm quietly confident that he'll be back before the winter snows. And I'm also confident that I'll enjoy the Ardberg he's given up to save his soul. But I'm not so sure that I approve of the "new name" he's taken. I vetoed "Herman" as that was plainly stupid. But to be honest, I'm not so sure I approve of the new one either. What does everybody else think of "Kermit the Hermit"?

4 comments :

  1. well he has chosen to live by the pond so maybe it is strangely appropriate :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only appropriate if he has green skin and a long snaky tongue to catch flies.

    Otherwise, what's wrong with Jim or Bob or Larry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I trust he has the required hermit permit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Piggy will sniff him out, he won't be a hermit for long.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl