Thursday 18 August 2011

New Folk we light a tea light for - Holy Trinity, Sutton Coldfield

You've probably noticed that my missives on this website have become worse-spelt of late. I can only apologise, and explain that it's because I've been newly introduced to the world of Mobile Web. With a dinky little Samsung Android device, running the Blogger App, I can commit my thoughts to the Blogosphere anywhere with open WiFi or a 3G connection. Even - I shudder to admit - during a dull moment in Pouring out of Beakers, or a particularly hideous Liturgical Dance.

But my Android doesn't have a decent intuitive spell checker like my Chrome Browser gives me. It has auto correct, but I've seen what that does to Hnaef's writing. And so more spelling mistakes get through.

The other thing that Mobile Web does is give you the opportunity to see a different format of website. If you visit this website, for example, using your Android (I assume you will not be wanting to use the heretical and benighted Apple variety of products) you will see a snappy mobi-lised version of this site. It has charm, efficiency and simple lines. But it doesn't have the Hardy Plot Generator, our edifying thought for the day, or the People We Light a Tea Light For. See what you lose when you trade speed and style for substance?

So as part of my quest to prove that British Religious Blogging Ain't Dead, today we're Lighting a Tea Light For Holy Trinity, Sutton Coldfield. They're fairly new on the blog, but the posts I've seen so far are full of meat and interest. They haven't posted that often, but maybe if we encourage them we will. And their site looks great on Mobi.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl