Thursday 4 August 2011

Swimming against the Tide

I have suffered somewhat of an embarrassment today. I don't remember the last time I was so embarrassed, at least since that time I had a column of figures fail to add up at an end-of-year audit and found I had misread a "4" as a "7".

It being a dull and damp day, Dear Readers, I felt the urge to go swimming after work. I knew I would not get my normal evening exercise, as it was too wet even for Archdruid Eileen to expect us to do any digging in the garden. And as I quitted the changing room and entered the pool area I, noticed a sign saying "Please inform attendants of all medical conditions".

Well, naturally I did as requested. I started with acne, arthritis and asthma. And I had reached as far as dandruff when the lifeguard explained that I only had to tell her about conditions from which I was actually suffering.

I feel such a fool.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl