Wednesday 5 January 2011

A Homoeopathic Night Out

Last time I let someone fix me up on a blind date. Would you believe he was a believer in homoeopathy? Surely my so-called "friends" know better than that.

Anyway, took him down to the Harvest Home in Houghton Regis. That normally sorts the men out from the terrified screaming edible dormice. You could see the nervous sweat break out on him as he walked into the place, and there wasn't even anyone in there at that point.

So I bought him a pint of shandy, poured it into a bucket of water. Took a pint of that out, diluted that with a bucket of water. Took a half out of that, diluted that with a bucket of water.

Took a pint out of that. It was so weak I thought for a minute it was lager. I reckoned by this stage it was 0.000003% alcohol. He drank a half and was plastered. Ten minutes later he picked a fight with a lass called Eva and ended up laying in the car park.

So that was that. I left him to the Houghton Regis wolves and drove home.

Still, it's clearly true what they say about homoeopathy.

It is believed in by gullible nits.

3 comments :

  1. This made me literally laugh out loud. Apologies to Sarah and to Phoebe the cat who I think I woke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to take my homoeopathic medicine last week, nearly died of an overdose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did he lay in the car park? Bricks? Eggs?

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl