Wednesday 19 January 2011

I wish we'd all been ready

Hnaef has very kindly explained to me the concept of "Left Behind". As far as I understand it, according to the Daily Telegraph (which must be true) almost everybody in the country has gone to a new country called Ordinariate - a happy land where the blessed rejoice all day long.

And yet - it is undeniable that (with the exception of the unaccountable absence of Archdruid Eileen) the Beaker Community is as busy as ever.

Putting these two facts together, I came to the only logical conclusion. Everyone apart from Mr & Mrs Hnaef and myself must have been Taken Away.  And replaced by robots. Who have kidnapped Eileen and hidden her somewhere.

But I am no panic-stricken scare-monger. I applied a scientific approach to my theory.

So I walked up to "Marston" and kicked him in the shins with my steel toe-capped boots.

He jumped up and down screaming and clutching his shins, and said some very rude words.

That's one impressive robot. It even managed to simulate being tired out after chasing me round the Moot House 9 times.

2 comments :

  1. If the Archdruid is missing, surely your succession planning kicks in?

    Just think of the scope for gerrymandering at any election of a new (Temporary/Permanent) archdruid and the money that could be made from bribery and running a book on the outcome, especially if you know who is to win.

    Halcyon days for the Beaker Folk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UKViewer, after the events last spring I can tell you that our Succession Plan is that, if Eileen disappears, we look to Hnaef to calm us all down. If we can't find Hnaef we all run around screaming until some big blokes throw us off the premises.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl