Monday 17 January 2011

Folk music

This evening Mrs Hnaef accompanied me to a folk music concert in a secret location. Well, I thought it was secret, but she tracked me down. I'd thought it was a Beaker Folk music concert, with lots of music by the Blessed Kirsty, but it wasn't.

There was real ale, hand-knitted jumpers, and many beards in attendance, though some of the women only wore moustaches. And lots of humming as people put a finger in their ear. In fact, if there had been more tea-lights or pebbles, it could easily have passed for a Beaker Folk music concert after all.

On a different note, the Archdruid has disappeared somewhere, and I can't find any fire-lighters, matches or paraffin anywhere, so I think it may be that time of year again when the self-assessment tax forms are due in.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment :

  1. Is it real folk music in a pub?

    Normally, under the stars or in a barn, surrounded by livestock as an audience singing of earthy things is folk music.

    I tend to think of the 'Peter, Paul and Mary' type of folk as pop-folk and only fit for beatniks (sorry, my age tells against me).

    Real folk, like real folk music.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl