Friday 21 January 2011

My name is not Grimshaw

There seems to have been some confusion.

A rumour has spread around the Community that when I was in t'North this week, I joined the cast of Coronation Street, lost my job, got in a mood and stole a load of money. No.

I went to t'county of Yorkshire, where the people cling onto their money tighter than a limpet clings onto a rock, and their lives are accurately represented in Emmerdale.  Whereas Coronation Street is set in Greater Manchester, formerly in the county of Lancashire, where the people eat black puddings and play football. My name is not Grimshaw, I have never had a fight with Gail, and I have never dated Ernie Bishop's murderer. These are ridiculous, far-fetched stories which an Archdruid who has time-travelled to the 19th Century after rescuing a chapel from a black hole would have nothing to do with.

I hope I've made the situation clear.

1 comment :

  1. I expect to see you magically appear in some of the re-runs of All Creatures Great and Small (given your propensity for time travel), but more likely on the Most Wanted list for being the first person to extract cash from a Yorkshire man since the ice age.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl