Thursday 15 December 2011

The Higgs Boson Tapes (3)

"Hiya, Higgsy! Brian Cox here.

Look, it was brilliant we finally made contact after all this time. And don't get me wrong - you are brilliant and everything. It's fantastic that we found you.

But let's face it, you're not very big, are you? So I can't really be filmed in dramatic profile with you setting behind me. That wouldn't be very exciting at all.

And you're not cute like a baby turtle. So it's not even worth filming me sitting with you on the beach.

So if it's OK by you, I'm going to get a couple a shots of me standing by the Large Hadron Collider, explaining how everything travels at a million, million, million miles an hour and it's all fantastic.

And then I'm going to go and get some fantastic CGI of me falling into a blackhole. It's gonna look brilliant, and I'm going to look like I'm a gazillion miles - that's a "1" with a load of noughts - long.

So is it OK if we just let you know if we need you?

Brilliant!"

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl