Monday 15 March 2010

Disorganised worship (II)

See, I reckon Eileen's partly to blame here.

It was Eileen told me that the best worship is spontaneous. Planning is wrong. Go with the flow. Actually, I think she said Spirit. Anyway.

So she told me the best sermons are preached "in the Spirit", not on paper. Said on paper Liverpool were a good football team, but look at them on the pitch. I could see her point.
And she asked me to organise the music group for this evening's Filling Up of Beakers on the Occasion of the Full Moon.

So taking my cue from her "spontaneity is everything - preparation is nothing" line, I just asked a random group of people to turn up and play musical instruments.

No practice, no sheet music, no chord sheets. And actually none of them had ever played those instruments before. Still, on the "in the Spirit" theory it should all have been fine.
Do you know, that was the worst music I've ever heard?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl