Monday 29 March 2010

Using Coldplay in Worship

Sally is one of the great muses for the Beaker Folk.  When we've wondered what else can we do with tea lights, pebbles and 20 metres of coloured rayon, it's always Sally that has come up with new horizons for us.  But she has wondered how  it's possible to use Coldplay in an act of worship.

And of course the choice of music is important.  Playing the right piece of music can inspire people with feelings, thoughts and visions.  Personally when listening to a Coldplay song such as - in particular -  "Yellow", I like to close my eyes and imagine a better time.  A time when "Yellow" won't be playing any more.  That always inspires me.

3 comments :

  1. I was in a service where "I will fix you" was used to close the service, whilst images of broken people (Third World, etc) were projected at the same time. Very powerful and moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously considering boycotting this site for heresy now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Eileen. You crack me up—I'm glad I had nothing in my mouth when I read this!

    ReplyDelete

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl