Monday 3 September 2012

Psalm for the Blessing of a new PA System

As pants the speaker for streams of living stereo, so my soul cries out for a better audio experience
My ears long for the sound of decent amplification - unblemished by that annoying fuzzy noise.

For if music be the food of love, I've been on a feedback diet
While people say to me "isn't the bass guitar a bit low in the mix?

These things I remember as I pour out my soul - how I used to sit around for hours
waiting for the valves to warm up.

How all the festive throng used to look at me in embarrassed silence
as the dry joint in the solder made the speakers sound like they were about to explode.

But now behold - all our music is made new.
You have made a great and wonderful thing - a new PA system.

Deep calls to deep in the sounds of your woofers
The rhythms of rhyming guitars* wash over me.

By day the treble is graphically equalized
while by night the mid range fails not.

A soprano will not be too high for its tweeters
And a reedy tenor it will not break.

Lo I am amply provided with inputs
both three pin and jack socket
and also somewhere to connect up the MP3 player.

Surely the goodness of Marshall shall follow me all the days of my life
And I shall rejoice in my Peavey powered mixer for ever.



* (c) Roxy Music, 1980. Oh Yeah.

2 comments :

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl