Sunday 29 January 2012

Lament for a Broken-down Car on a Frosty Morning

Archdruid: Some trust in Pontiacs, and some in Corsas.

All: But we will trust in the man from the breakdown company.


Archdruid: God spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes.

All: He hurls down his hail on our windscreens.  Who can de-ice this icy blast? 


Archdruid: O Lord how manifold are your mercies!

All: And how murky are our manifolds!


Archdruid: O Lord, how many are my woes! How has my gearbox risen up before me.

All: Many are saying "The breakdown truck will not deliver her."


Archdruid: I lie down and sleep. I wake up again.

All: And still the breakdown truck does not arrive.


Archdruid: How I loathe those that build dodgy clutches.

All: I despise those that put cheap components into otherwise decent cars.


Archdruid: But though grinds and screeches last for the night, still Roy cometh in the morning.

All: He's a very nice man.


Archdruid: But I will wait for the breakdown van, as the night-watch waits for the  morning.


All: More than the night-watch waits for the morning, we shall await that van - even though he drives through the valley of the shadow with a four-hour estimated arrival time.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Drop a thoughtful pebble in the comments bowl